Why is Burnside Village expanding?
- We want to ensure Burnside Village maintains its reputation as Adelaide’s premier shopping destination and evolve into a place where people want to shop, dine and spend time with family and friends in a relaxed village setting.
- The Cohen Group is a second generation family business that has been developing Burnside Village since 1972 to meet the changing needs of its customers. Our development application builds on the legacy of Richard and Pat Cohen, who have invested in a number of previous expansions, the most recent which was completed eight years ago.
- Our current proposal for the entire site would be developed in two or more stages (Stage Six and Stage Seven) over the next 10 years, subject to planning approval.
What new stores will be opening at Burnside Village?
- It is too early to say which stores will be opening. Pending planning approval, our intention is to bring more specialty fashion, homewares, cafes, restaurants, a cinema, fresh food and leisure and business services to Burnside Village, along with more parking. We propose these would be delivered over two or more stages during the next 10 years.
- As always, we welcome feedback and suggestions from our customers and the wider community on the retailers they would like to see at Burnside Village. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When will construction start?
- A development application is currently being assessed by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure. If approved, construction of Stage Six would likely commence in late 2019, for completion in late 2021.
When will the new expansion be open?
- Pending planning approval, we anticipate Stage Six would be complete by late 2021. Stage Seven would likely follow between 2025 and 2028
How can I find out more about what’s happening?
- Further updates will be posted to our website as our proposal progresses through the planning assessment process.
Will all the current banking and postal branches/services continue to be available at Burnside Village?
- The banks and the post office are an integral part of our customer services. We are working to include as many as possible in our development.
You can provide feedback via the suggestions box at the Concierge Desk in the centre, or email us at email@example.com