About the Masterplan
Our vision marks the sixth and seventh evolution of Burnside Village and will further enhance the Centre’s reputation as a premium retail and lifestyle destination.
The Masterplan would be delivered in two or more stages, known as Stage Six and Stage Seven, over the next 10 years.
The Proposed Stage Six
Greenhill Road / Sydney Street (deliver early 2022)
The first phase of development focuses on the northern boundary and integrates it with the existing Centre. It features:
- An activated Greenhill Road streetscape with new entries into the Centre and exciting shopfronts
- 80 new specialty stores over two levels
- Alfresco dining precinct
- Additional 600 free undercover parking spaces
- Office accommodation / commercial space for personal and wellness services at the corner of Greenhill Road and Portrush Road
Timing: Expected completion early 2022.
The Proposed Stage Seven
New Portrush Road mall entry
Some years later, we would look to improve the street frontages at the southern end of the site and add:
- A new mall entry at Portrush Road
- New fresh food precinct, including a second supermarket
- 50 new specialty stores
- 350 new parking spaces
- Additional commercial space at the Portrush Road / Greenhill Road corner.
Our development history
Since Burnside Village was established in the early 1970s, the Centre has expanded to meet the needs of its customers and community with a boutique retail offering amidst a distinctive village atmosphere.
We now have development consent for a Masterplan that would be delivered over two or more stages.
The Masterplan ensures Burnside Village continues as South Australia’s premier retail and lifestyle destination.
Late 1960s – Richard and Pat Cohen purchase bluestone cottage
1972 – Burnside Village opens with the Vine Mall building
1985 – First major expansion adding undercover car parking and Atrium Mall
1990 – Village Market opens with cafes and fresh food retailers
1992 – Village Pharmacy opens with adjoining tenancies
2009 – Refurbish amenities and install glass atrium throughout the malls
2011 – New Atrium Mall and fashion court opens
Early 2022 – Stage Six likely to open
Est 2025 – 2028 – Potentially deliver the proposed Stage Seven